Friday 7 October 2011

Why does my internet explorer freeze everytime i connect my internet?

My stats are..

WINDOWS XP.

75GB Hard Drvie.

512MB RAM.

AVG Interent Security.

SpeedStream3632 Router.

BroadBand.

BigPond.

1500 Kbp/s Internet Speed.

Internet Explorer.

Firefox.

Internet Connected via Ethernet Chord.



Everytime i open my computer, despite the fact it is so SLOW. Like incredibly slow, i takes about 10 - 15 mins just to start up which is extremely agrivating. I have had someone who owns a computer-based business come to my house who had formatted my hard drive and given me many programs to help prevent this. Which i always do on a regular basis yet still seems to stay slow.



Ok. So the thing is, everytime my computer starts(with the ethernet chord not connected), its all fine, (Despite the speed everything loads at) i can open programs that do not need internet to run like iTunes and all that, they run all fine. When i connect the ethernet chord and the internet starts to run, i open Internet Explorer/Firefox and they both cannot find the home page. I have to resolve to delete the Program by CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Also on my Internet program, when i open it and it has all of the list of scans. Eg; Antivirus, Antispyware.

When i open it, it says that theres a problem with that and the process cannot be excecuted (not in these exact words) and it asks to be updated. But, of course, i cannot access the internet. Therefore its a chain affect which obviously has stuffed up allot of things. The programs that i have used to get rid of things like these, have all been used, yet, nothing changes, its still horrifically slow and frustrating.



Please i tried to give as much detail as possible and i really would like some help here. I need this problem to be resolved! Does anyone know how this can be fixed? Please, please comment here with some useful information.
Why does my internet explorer freeze everytime i connect my internet?
Hi

this sounds like a lot of conflict here, you need to chose which system you are going to use. either internet explorer or firefox. that would be a start. as they are in conflict.

i am a firm believer in KISS this system is not kiss its a mess.

KISS Keep it simple stupid.

it needs rebuilding and some programs need forgetting.

It would seem you are trying to do far too many different things with this.

Try to understand although we are supposed to be able to do all these things with a computer there are limitations.

in your case i would also say you only get what you pay for it this life.anti-virus buy a good antivirus software package. leave the freeby stuff alone.

The tasks you are trying to complish with one P.C. could be the problem.

Also a more modern motherboard would do this easier.
Why does my internet explorer freeze everytime i connect my internet?
i was having this kind of problem with my computer as well, you mentioned that when you open internet program there is a list of scans well my brother this is a spyware or malware problem. i tried lot of antivirus and antispywares to get rid of this but the program that worked for me was Malwarebytes so try it. you can download it from the site mentioned below and in case this does not help than use the oldest solution reinstalling windows moreover try using firewalls programs to stop unwanted access to your computer.