Friday 7 October 2011

Have you ever been scamed,by someone on an internet dating site?

I met this guy on a christian internet dating site, and I thought I had found my perfect match, we talked for a while and he told me he wanted to marry me and we were going to met soon, but first he had to go to africa on business, and two days later he supposedly got robbed and beaten by five guys with weapons and they took all his money and, it gets better!

He was an orphan with no family or close friends!

so of course he needed money till he could get transfer from his US bank!

I am in nursing so of course he must have thought I have money!

not true I was injured by a patient last year and my attorney is still working on getting the surgery that I need to correct the problem, so right I am on a very limited income so I really couldn't send him as much as he wanted.

then he started asking me to allow him to have money from his london account sent to my address, he said it was his life savings and because of what happened there he couldn't have it sent to him!

oh and right before I sent him money he sent flowers, which turned out to be bought with a stolen credit card, I just found that out today when I finally pulled my head out of the clouds.

the final red flag is that he called me about the money transfer in london and asked if I would do that yesterday morning and when I argued that would put my nursing license in jeopardy, the call was conveniently dropped well about 11a in the morning, I get a call from a no. hes been calling me from, and it's a doctor from some hospital there and he has been in a terrible car accident and the doctor says I am his only contact person an they need my premmisson to use the money he has with him and he will probably need more for his medical care, and I almost wrote the guy at the secrity company to have him wire the money, but I came to my senses and traced the flowers first.

I am telling you all this so none of you will have to go throught it.

I am going to try and put a link to him myspace page if this man tries to contact you report him, I have notified the FBI, cause I didn't know what else to do!

I have changed my pic to an advatar that look suprisingly like me and put on her sad face cause that is how I am feeling.

God Bless you all and I hope this never happens to any of you!

this man told me his Name was Carlton J Kirkwood, he has a myspace page listed as bighandsome heart, http://www.myspace.com/460347279 . and he has a facebook page that one is a little harder to get to so I had to create a file so if you want see that one just IM me or write me through this site, oh an Ladies this man is really handsome or a least the pic is, if that is even him which I doubt and hes very charming and preceptive, so please be carefull!
Have you ever been scamed,by someone on an internet dating site?
Seriously? It took you that long to figure out that he was a scammer? His behavior was questionable from the beginning. Sane people don't tell someone they just met and haven't even met in person that they want to marry them. Why on earth would you send him money? I don't mean to sound rude but come on now! Chalk it up to experience and be more cautious next time. People like that can only scam you if you allow them to.
Have you ever been scamed,by someone on an internet dating site?
i don't do internet dating sites.