Friday 7 October 2011

Where/How can I find market research information for starting a business?

I'm starting a small business in Portland, Oregon and I need to find out some market research information about my proposed location. I've had very little luck on the internet and I have found limited resources. Some things I need to know are the economic condition of my area, which includes dollars of retail and service sales, percentage of change from previous years, percentage of unemployment, and (this being the most challenging one) number of business starts and failures. This is only a piece of the information I need, does anyone know where I can find this information? By phone or internet? I need this information by tomorrow so I don't have much time and I can't actually visit any research businesses.
Where/How can I find market research information for starting a business?
Check with the Chamber of Commerce and the city's Director of Economic Development