Friday 7 October 2011

UNLIMITED Internet service/ access provider (preferably wireless but not mandatory)?

I currently have Verizon Wireless Internet Service and HATE it! When I purchased the service and signed up for my 2 year contract it was unlimited access for 60 a month. Now they've changed things, and I'm only allowed 5gb a month. (not a problem for most people, but I run a business online and use the web ALOT! ) Had a big week this month and went over the 5gb, now they're charging me a 160 overage fee on top of my already steep monthly fee! I really wouldn't care, but the service is soooo slow anyway its ridiculous to pay that much for such crappy service.... ok sorry enough of my venting.



So does anyone know who offers UNLIMITED internet access (or at least a limit of 6-7gb), preferably High Speed internet. wireless access is a plus but I suppose it's not as Crucial. I also am constantly refreshing and uploading/ downloading huge files (which is the main prob with verizon, it takes decades to down/upload something and then you just waste your usage allowance!...but I digress)



OK so again, here is the low down: I need:



*High Speed Internet (7-10mbps) with UNLIMITED Access (or a monthly usage limit of at least 6-7gb)

*For use of downloading/ uploading huge files etc, and of course other essential internet usage.

*Wireless is also a plus but not mandatory.

*and 60 or UNDER monthly would be lovely as well



Thanks for your time, if you need more details I can give em to ya! :)



*P.S* I've also calculated the term of my contract with what I would have to pay to switch to another service, the early termination fee and my overage fee; and from what internet plans I've reviwed, I will still end up saving 300 over the term of my Verizon contract if I terminate Verizon and switch to a different company. So really, anything you can throw at me with my requirments listed above I KNOW I'll be much happier than with %26quot;internet service which must not be named%26quot;



Thanks! XD
UNLIMITED Internet service/ access provider (preferably wireless but not mandatory)?
Well, I'm not entirely sure this is what you're looking for but if you're looking for home Internet service then I've been happy with my service from Qwest. I have unlimited wireless internet with them. Here's a link to their various packages:



http://www.qwest.com/residential/interne鈥?/a>



If I read it right, a home phone isn't required. I don't know if you live in their service area though.



If you're talking about mobile phones, then I'd have to do some more checking around.



I hope this helps a little bit.



Good luck!
UNLIMITED Internet service/ access provider (preferably wireless but not mandatory)?
Comcast.
Unfortunately, all wireless carriers have imposed a 5gb limit. The only exception is Sprint and that's only using the 4G service. Your only other options would be DSL or a cable modem.



Wireless carriers treat the 5gb differently. Some will keep charging you excess fees, some will terminate service at that lever and some slow the connection down to roughly the same speed as dial up.
Unfortunately, for DSL, you're pretty much limited to your Verizon service (unless your local telco is someone other than Verizon - in that case, talk directly to your telco company - Verizon is just reselling their service). You might be able to get cable internet where you are, which usually doesn't impose the small download limits DSL companies do. You can simply contact your cable company. Either way, always go to the source - Internet Service Providers simply are middlemen between you and your local telco/cable companies.



Wireless access may be available in your area, but the prices are usually pretty high, plus the lease fee for the antenna/modem, and they usually impose limits similar to DSL.



If you're constantly downloading the same files over and over (like multiple computers doing Windows Updates), an old computer (even a 486 will work) set up as a caching proxy server using some form of Linux will intercept the communication from you the your ISP if it's the same information, and serve it to you instead of using your allocated bandwidth. This may be overkill though, unless you are CONSTANTLY downloading the same things.



Another option is getting a T1, which has the advantage of being a guaranteed speed all the time (1.5MB), along with a 1.5MB upload speed (great if you're serving your own web sites for example), and usually having a very large bandwidth cap (our's is 500GB per month) The downside is price, which is usually about $300-$400 a month.



Unfortunately, those are the only really good options. You're at the mercy of the local communications companies.



Hope that helps,

Jason

http://www.BroadbandSatelliteDSL.com
  • ittwit
  • client side script
  •