Wednesday 26 October 2011

In his resignation speed Tony Blair states this OR dilemma that a government faces - how do you feel about it?

The OR I'm referring to is the State running things %26amp; looking after people and spending money on public services etc.,OR letting society get on with it - encouraging people to run their own businesses, buy their own homes etc., %26amp; central government handing more power back to local councils without so much interference from whitehall - the left or the right basically. This was the dilemma he was outlining that faces every government - what is the answer?



I'm middle-aged now and it seems to me that life more than ever is about ratios and when I say ratios I mean ratios of what is CURRENTLY happening nationally and internationally not ratios between certain doctrines!



This new entity known as the INTERNET, is changing all the boundaries though, psychologically, physiologically, geographically and is having huge implications financially.



Aswell as the left/right pendulum - Tony Blair also covered the issue of Identity and what it is to be British - I consider myself English more-
In his resignation speed Tony Blair states this OR dilemma that a government faces - how do you feel about it?
To answer your latter question...you are right :)



LOL my heritage is certainly a mixingpot of just too many nationalities to list, but, as an American, knowing %26quot;why%26quot; our ancestors left England to make a new country, and, living in the country it has become....



....I have decided that the grass will ALWAYS be greener on the other side!



As for the internet....whole heartedly agree....in every facet of life, the internet age is something to bless as well as destroy life as we had known it.