Wednesday 26 October 2011

Am I the only one ashamed of what humanity is becoming, and where we're headed?

Everyone is so unintelligent these days, it seems. Women who are pregnant and plan on raising the children don't know most basic grammar skills. How are these people, mothers and fathers alike, supposed to raise intelligent children when they don't know the basics of education themselves? Are they going to teach their kids how to speak in internet or text speak instead of English, or whatever the language of their country may be?



Teenagers who want to become lawyers and/or doctors don't know how to correctly construct a sentence, much less hold an intellectual conversation. Yet, somehow, they think they're capable of holding the responsibilities of the aforementioned careers.



Standards aren't very high, anymore. Businesses seem to feel lucky if they get someone with common sense applying for their openings. How are we supposed to feel safe in this country/world when some professors will pass their college students just to not have to deal with them the following year, knowing that they can do more harm to people than good without enough knowledge to appropriately pass the class?



Am I the only one who feels like, if society's standards don't change soon, we'll all be doomed in the near future?
Am I the only one ashamed of what humanity is becoming, and where we're headed?
I'm with you there.

Unless something was to drastically change,Which I strongly doubt, we are all in trouble.

Lot of things to blame.Technology for all it's advances has made us a lazy world.At least the modern world.

Actually think we could learn something from primitive type societies as strange as that sounds.
Am I the only one ashamed of what humanity is becoming, and where we're headed?
Well, I find it depressing to think that way. I see what you see and sometimes I wonder if I'm just moving into cranky old womanhood, but I really don't remember people being this illiterate when I was younger. And I'm disgusted with the lack of work ethic, as well.



Since I have learned in my ascending crankiness that life is short and I don't want to spend it depressed, I have trained myself to look for the positive side.



The positive side is that with so many ignorant morons around, I'm way ahead of the game and if I keep my eyes open and think hard enough, I'll find a way to use the advantages I possess over this sea of idiots and see what I can gain.



ADD: I agree with Don. Too much TV in particular, and no, it doesn't sound strange to me that we could learn from the primitive societies. I'd like to see a kid who can text, listen to an ipod and and watch TV a the same time try to build a fire to survive if he had to.
Forget shameful, it's out right scary, i watch a documentary



on the Amish the other night, i was absolutely blown away,



these people are the true poster children for the term



genius, compare to what one sees in today's society, all



i could think was thank goodness they're not our enemy,



forget weapons of mass destruction, they could clean our



clocks with a hammer and chisel, before we even knew



what hit us . . .



And i agree 1000% with you, standards have been more



than simply compromised, they've been methodically and



willfully destroyed, i'm afraid the unthinkable will be the



norm soon enough, people will merely perpetuate that old



saying, and i quote, %26quot; You'd Be Surprised What You Can



Get Use To %26quot; kind of like being born blind, how do you miss



what you've never seen? in the first place . . .