Friday 7 October 2011

Kaspersky AV and Freeware Firewall or $30 more and Full Internet Security?

I have Vista Business with 2 GHZ dual core, 2 GB DDR2 RAM, 335 MB vidram. I have Live OneCare but I hate this annoying piece of nagware that only catches about 80% of threats. I want to change to Kaspersky because it blocks 98.7% last time I checked and it's really good. The thing is, if I buy it for one year, should I get the AV that protects from Viruses, rootkits, spyware, crimeware, etc, but without a firewall, or should I get Kaspersky Internet Security and get all of that and a firewall (and a couple of useless features for me) for $30 more?



Also, should I get it for 1, 2, or 3 years? Will I get free upgrades (Let's say they update to Kaspersky 8 in a few months. Can I just download that for free as long as my subscription is active?)



Please help. Answer any of the questions you can and post if you need more information.
Kaspersky AV and Freeware Firewall or $30 more and Full Internet Security?
If it were me, I would go with the Kaspersky AV w/out firewall, because the Comodo Firewall Pro (free, despite its name)

is rated better than the firewall included in Kaspersky Internet Security. (*Link) (**Source)



(*) Comodo Firewall Pro: http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/



When KAV updates to v8, your current version will update to v8 also, as long as your license is still valid.



But before you spend your $$, why not take advantage of their

30 day free trials to see what you like.

http://www.kaspersky.com/
Kaspersky AV and Freeware Firewall or $30 more and Full Internet Security?
i would reccomend the Suite, or if you want try nod32 its as good as Kaspersky, if you dont hate norton try internet security 2008. i think you do get free upgrades, just contact them nearly all the companies do so they shouldnt be different.