Friday 7 October 2011

Blaclist for bad customers?

Hi

I have a small internet business selling original sewings. I use 3rd party credit card processing company to receive payments from customers. And sometimes there are customers which want %26quot;very urgent%26quot; delivery (which costs, of course, good money) and then, after I have shipped, calls wanting to cancel (%26quot;just changed mind%26quot;), so I do refund. Okay, I receive the goods back, but not the money spend on the courier. So my Q is - are there any lists where I can enter and also see the persons which do such things on a regular basis (because I occasionally found a customer which orders from another shop did the same thing). I know there are lists for such %26quot;bad%26quot; companies, but are there any for private clients?
Blaclist for bad customers?
I think the reccomendation to change your terms of services to not refund shipping is a good one. You still have the flexibility to be more generous with your repeat customers

than some questionable first time buyer.



If your credit card processing company requires these terms, you may be able to get around it by requiring a non-refundable deposit(or at least for %26quot;very urgent delivery%26quot;) as a separate payment.



Another alternative is to add to your delivery fees to cover the occasional deadbeat.
Blaclist for bad customers?
i dont think there is a %26quot;list%26quot;

its just the gamble of having your own business
The problem with sharing lists is that you can end up with a libel claim unless you can categorically prove it - you also get into privacy issues.



I would suggest changing your Ts%26amp;Cs to say P%26amp;P will not be refunded if cancelled within X days of dispatch.
there aren't any but dont allow refunds unless there is something wrong with it on your hand.