Friday 7 October 2011

I am in a jam!!!! I am 50 and dont know what to do next with my life!!!!!?

At 50 I can not come up with anything I want to do for a living!!!?

I am 50years old ,With a HS ed. I worked in the printing Industies all my life for large companys FUJI KODAK and went on to run my own small printing Bus. Well the printing has changed and most printers are now out of business and so am , thanks to changing tech %26amp; the internet. I went out and started my own Handyman Business two years ago and have did just ok (days pay at best) I am very board with being a handyman and find it a real step down. I went to find a new path that I can get a passion for like I did for printing. I am a smart guy but this one has me stumped!!!!!. I cant land a job and know I must work for my self if I have any Hope of making Money. What Can I do HELP !!!!!!!!

I am lookin for a passion in my work + I need some good incone for the next 10 years. I am so so Depressed!!!!!!
I am in a jam!!!! I am 50 and dont know what to do next with my life!!!!!?
Registered Nurse here; I have read and reread your question. In all honesty I don't have a answer. But I wanted to respond, to let you know I feel for you, respect you, have empathy with your depression. But Sir, there is just not enough information here to start suggesting a career move. Plus I'm no expert, I have been a nurse since 19years of age, therefor my realm of knowledge is pretty limited to health care. A couple of things have come to mind, people well purchase photos, if you like doing photography and if you have the skills you could began by doing family portraits in your home. Set up a background, etc. Plus taking photos and placing them on on line auctions such as eBay and yahoo.

I appreciate the opportunity to address your sensitive question. Try not and be depressed. There is something out there for you!
I am in a jam!!!! I am 50 and dont know what to do next with my life!!!!!?
Follow your passions and interests. Only you know what those are. Maybe it's something you only dreamed about? Only driven by passion will anyone take the time to develop the talent for anything. Lots of people go back to school to learn new skills and keep up with technology.
Go to your nemesis. Learn web design. Your previous work can help you.
go to your local board of co-operative education/ school board check for adult re-training courses,with some minor modifications you`ll make out just fine,(you might check with the state and county civil service depts for tests and job openings in the sign dept, everything is open to you, good luck
Ok well first off don't get depressed. We all go through these challenges in our lives and I know you will come through this. Sometimes things change for a reason and you are on the right track when you look for a career that you can be passionate about.



One thing I can suggest is to take a few hours either by yourself or with someone who knows you well and is looking out for your best interest without judgement, and brain storm ideas of thing that you'd either like to do or something were you can use some of you talents to start something new for yourself. Just brain storm and have fun with it. It's amazing when you connect with your creative energies how many ideas come to you and how it changes your view of your circumstances.



Stay with it and just keep expanding on it. Trust your feeling, and your intuition. Once you've come up with your many ideas, get into action from there. Try to stay out of your head, we are emotional being and should rely more on how we feel about something than what our heads , logic has to say about it. Once you have decided ask the universe %26quot;how can I make this happen%26quot; and just let go of it ....the answers will come.



Dream on...Dream big You and all of us are amazing

Now is your chance to create something for yourself.



Namaste'
how do you like to spend your free time??

think about what you do for fun and then think about how you can make money doing it....

if you love hiking, maybe you can be a tour guide

if you love going to the gym, maybe you can be a personal trainer

good luck!!
well u could do anything with ur expereince