Friday 7 October 2011

How has work changed in the US within the last ten years?

Can you remember when you began using the Internet? For many people, it might be in 1996. Once we networked personal computers, we soon realized the power of reaching many people and businesses quickly. Today our information economy continues to move at a rapid pace.



I want you to think about how work has changed in the US within the last ten years.



What are the social implications of these changes?
How has work changed in the US within the last ten years?
idk?
How has work changed in the US within the last ten years?
As someone that works in the industrial sector, I can tell you that in the last fifteen years, more and more businesses seem to think that manufacturing should move as quickly as the information sector. The concept of tooling for mass production has been lost on people that think moving a wired mouse is heavy labor. I cannot tell you how many times in the last month I have had to explain that I can't email six thousand air-bag inflation tubes to them RIGHT NOW. The concept of lead time has ceased to exist. %26quot;I want it right now%26quot; has become the mantra of business.

I have an order to deburr, clean, class A polish, and cell pack several thousand mounting rings by noon tomorrow. And the parts won't arrive at my plant until seven o'clock tomorrow morning.

And this happens all the time.
  • take advice fron me
  • identifying rows
  •