Wednesday 26 October 2011

I am 50 and need a new career HELP ME !!!!!!!!!?

What can I do? at 50?

At 50 I can not come up with anything I want to do for a living!!!?

I am 50years old ,With a HS ed. I worked in the printing Industies all my life for large companys FUJI KODAK and went on to run my own small printing Bus. Well the printing has changed and most printers are now out of business and so am , thanks to changing tech %26amp; the internet. I went out and started my own Handyman Business two years ago and have did just ok (days pay at best) I am very board with being a handyman and find it a real step down. I went to find a new path that I can get a passion for like I did for printing. I am a smart guy but this one has me stumped!!!!!. I cant land a job and know I must work for my self if I have any Hope of making Money. What Can I do HELP !!!!!!!!

I am lookin for a passion in my work + I need some good incone for the next 10 years. I am so so Depressed!!!!!! PS I am not into the internet game at all . I am too old to be hired by any decent company .
I am 50 and need a new career HELP ME !!!!!!!!!?
Well aren't you a challenge??Let's not get depressed yet.You are at the best part of your life.Have you heard of eons.com? Try there for a community uplift.Age 50 is now like 35 was in the fifties.First of all what are your passions?I mean besides the previous jobs that have failed you??Why not give yourself some time to find that passion.I typed in, %26quot;printing jobs%26quot; on yahoo several came up.Monster.com has some.I mean for now.Lift up your head and shout %26quot;I'm not going to take this anymore%26quot; real loud.It will make you feel better.Find a 45 year old and hang out have a Starbucks coffee.Ask whats going on in your business world.Find a common link with society give back,while you mentor someone younger. Get your eyes off of yourself, help some else.Opportunity comes when you help others.
I am 50 and need a new career HELP ME !!!!!!!!!?
You need to include an amendment to show what made you passionate about printing. I am passionate about teaching, but that gives me a wide range of venues college, training, public schools if I get a teaching certificate. However, it is the interaction and seeing people understand something they didn't previously understand that I enjoy. It is the ah ha moment they feel. What about printing made you passionate? Find that and people can help.
If this helps you - I have worked all my life in Aircraft Maintenance

and returned from Saudi Arabia at age 52. I started an appliance

repair business and now at 64 am doing ok and will continue

as long as my health holds out. I like it, but its not for everybody

its like wrestling a grisly bear as the market is changing rapidly.

Any business requires a little capital to carry you through until

it catches on. I dont know what your passion is and will allow you

to pursue and what your physical condition is, but..........
Work for the post office...You may have fun meet new people get to know a whole new area real well...Passion in your in your work you should have thought of that 20 years ago...Iam in college right now and I have 1 golden rule never ever be loyal to 1 company if something better comes along go for it....
You may not like it but numerous trucking companies would be willing to hire you if you have a good driving record and no drunken driving offenses. First year you could probably expect about 35k at most firms and after 3 years of so possibly 50k over the road. Look at Schneider International or Roehl websites to start if your interested.