Friday 7 October 2011

How to gain internet access back after XP Antivirus Pro infects your computer?

Ok first of all: Sorry for asking so much on this, but I have been trying everything and nothing will pick it up. Ok but onto business: I have downloaded Spyware Doctor I cannot use it because it continually asks for updates and when I let it update, it always tells me it cannot connect, and I have changed the proxy settings numerous times, and it doesn't do anything (please note I only have internet explorer and internet on that is useless right now), so please someone tell me of a way I can manually remove the program XP Antivirus Pro (please do not tell me to look it up in the search program it does not help). Furthermore one last reason why downloads will not work is because they always require to be updated and my computer internet is being blocked off on the infected computer.
How to gain internet access back after XP Antivirus Pro infects your computer?
You internet access is, of course, being blocked by the infection. Restart your computer in %26quot;Safe mode with networking%26quot;. Instructions to enter safe mode %26gt;%26gt; http://www.microsoft.com/resources/docu > Next, Control Panel %26gt; Internet Options %26gt; Connections tab %26gt; LAN settings button. Make sure there is a check mark in the %26quot;Auto detect settings%26quot; box and there is not a check mark in the %26quot;Use proxy settings%26quot; box. Click Ok. try to access the internet. If you are still unable to access the internet try this. Start %26gt; Run %26gt; type http://69.162.79.74 This will carry you directly to the Malwarebytes download. Download Malwarebytes update, and choose a quick scan not a full scan. Follow the prompts by Malwarebytes to remove everything found.*
How to gain internet access back after XP Antivirus Pro infects your computer?
Have you tried downloading the updates for Spyware doctor to a different computer and installing them in the infected computer. You know this can be done with ease. Any program you need to use to remove this can be downloaded from another computer and then placed in the infected computer. All you have to do it try or do as suggested, format and reinstall, geez.

EDIT:

BleepingComputer鈥檚 XP Internet Security,Antivirus Vista 2010, and Win 7 Antispyware (Uninstall Guide)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-re鈥?/a>

Malwarebytes鈥?Removal Guide

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php鈥?/a>

Microsoft鈥檚 Removal Guide

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Foru鈥?/a>
I got hit by this one, too. Everything I tried just got me deeper into trouble. Some of the freeware available to download to remove it is piggybacked with another, even worse, rogue program. Manual removal can result in accidentally deleting a crucial .dll file or worse.



I just ended up backing up my personal files and reformatting the hard drive. I know your trying to avoid that, it's 2-3 days of reloading crap, but it's the only guaranteed solution.
I have the exact same problem, as I am writing this XP Antivirus Pro is stopping me from opening anything, thankfully I had a shortcut to the ebay website on my desktop and I use that to access the internet. I have been trying to get rid of it but nothing I try works, Im so bored with it that Im just going to get a new laptop. If you find a way to get rid of it let me know please.
The best way to remove any virus is to back up any important documents, then format and re-install windows. Some may suggest it's overkill, but just going through with it is usually faster than fishing around for a specific solution.



After you re-install windows. Make sure you download the latest service packs and INSTALL ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE! There's free ones out there that will work just fine if you don't want to pay, ex. AVG.
There are so many fake security tools available on the internet these days.



One needs to seriously double check on applications鈥?and their validity before purchasing a program.



Antivirus XP 2010 is one of these rogue programs, with a name that should NOT be trusted at all.



Check out the link below for details on how to rid your system of this dubious application:



http://www.pcthreat.com/parasitebyid-890鈥?/a>
I have something like that wrong with my computer now. The way i open my internet is by open up and blank document in Microsoft Word. I than type in http://www.yahoo.com/ and press enter. It will than appear light up blue. Right click over the website and click open hyperlink. It will than open the internet to yahoo.com
you can try these new proxy here:



www.adminsucks.com

www.helpmylink.com

www.search4house.info

www.freemyschool.com

www.gitudoang.com

www.gitudoang.net

www.onlinefreeproxy.cz.cc

www.tvdirectory.co.tv

www.freemyspace.cz.cc

www.october2009.tk

www.greenunblock.tk
Remove Internet Antivirus Pro

http://trojan-checking.com/Internet_Anti鈥?/a>