Friday 7 October 2011

I'm a male with a feminine sounding name. How should I send friendly business emails to avoid later confusion?

I'm one of those boys name Sue. The problem I run into is that when I start conversations over the internet or mail people tend to think I'm female. I don't like putting Mr. in front of my name when I sign an email because you email becomes more formal than I like. What are others opinions on this?



Thank you,

Mr. Sue Rogers



and



Thank you,

Mr. Sue



and



Thank you,

Mr. Rogers



all seem very impersonal to me, but I can't think of any way around this but



Thank you,

Sue



while looks friendly, also makes me look female which is a bit annoying.





And no, I like my given name way to much to think about changing it.
I'm a male with a feminine sounding name. How should I send friendly business emails to avoid later confusion?
Formally, I would try



Mr. Sue Middlename Rodgers or just Sue Middlename Rodgers (assuming your middle name is something male sounding)



Or S.M. Rodgers, S. Middlename Rodgers



Also, you could add a signature at the bottom of your email, like,



Thank you,

Sue



Sue Middlename Rodgers

Sue@yahoo.com
I'm a male with a feminine sounding name. How should I send friendly business emails to avoid later confusion?
How about S. Rogers?
why do u like ur name?!? doesnt it give u more problems than its worth? u should kick ur parents butts! were they high when they named u? if u like ur name too much to change it, then just deal with it. i really dont know what to tell u dude.
You can accept and deal with the confusion, or you can stick with a formal, %26quot;Mr. Sue Rogers.%26quot;

Or go with, %26quot;S. Rogers.%26quot;

Or, since it's not common with females, %26quot;Sue Rogers Sr.%26quot; or %26quot;the 1st.%26quot;



Or, if you have a more common male middle name, use your full name in signatures.
S. Rogers!!!



J.K. Rowling did it! why not you?
Do you have a middle name tht clarifies the issue? id Sue Peter Rogers
Use your initials, your middle name or just your last name.
Start going by your middle name. Get a job where you don't have to communicate via email. Get used to it. Not much else I can suggest. Start going by Soo. For Asians, is that a girl or boy?
Rogers S.